Like cough medicine, it tastes horrible, but it works: Organic India Whole Husk Psyllium fiber.
Organic India Whole Husk Psyllium is a 100% certified organic and Non-GMO Project Verified dietary fiber supplement.
This dietary fiber is made from psyllium seed husks. What differentiates this product from other similar products such as Metamucil Psyllium Fiber Supplement, is that it promises to be produced without relying on synthetic pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers or any other treatments during the production process. That in itself is a big bonus. Given the bad rap that aspartame has as it is contained in some other dietary fibers, many folks looking for a healthier dietary fiber supplement will surely give this product a second look. It might take some getting used to as the grainy texture is not for everyone, and Organic India Whole Husk Psyllium does not have the artificial flavorings to mask the taste like Metamucil does. This can possibly be counteracted by mixing the powder into a smoothie, as long as you drink it quickly before it all turns into a gel and you have to grab a spoon.
- 100- The percentage that Organic India Whole Husk Psyllium is certifiably organic.
- 68 – The number of doses in a 12-ounce canister of this digestive fiber.
- 32 – The approximate grams of fiber an adult needs each day (according to Organic India)
- 18 – The number of calories in a single serving of this dietary supplement.
What the manufacturer says:
Promotes Healthy Elimination and Regularity*
Contains both Soluble and Insoluble Fiber
Supports the Entire Gastrointestinal System
The soluble fiber from Psyllium, along with a healthy diet, may reduce the risk of heart disease.**
Certified 100% Organic
**For Heart Health: Soluble fiber from foods such as psyllium as a part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. A serving of psyllium provides 3 grams of the 7 grams of soluble fiber necessary per day to have this effect.
I do like that the product is 100% organic. With all the chemicals that we unknowingly put in our bodies these days, this seems like a great alternative.
What are people saying about Organic India Whole Husk Organic Psyllium dietary fiber*?
- It helps keep the intestinal tract clean and lessens the stickiness of the stool
- Very satisfied. I especially like that it has no sugar, sweetener or additives to affect the flavor.
- I’ve tried other brands but this one is the best. Others seem to have a hard crunch like metal pieces in.
- I take 1 tablespoon of this product at least once a day for a few months and have found myself losing weight, mainly because I do not have frequent hunger craves like I used to.
* These reviews are not from Amazon but rather from different sources on the open web. Amazon user reviews are best read at the source and reviews for this product can be accessed on Amazon.com through the product link for Organic India Whole Husk Psyllium Dietary Fiber in our store.
Organic India Whole Husk Psyllium dietary fiber might not taste the best, but it also won’t leave a bad taste in your mouth where your health is concerned. That makes it a winner in the end, no?