Is this dietary fiber really not made from psyllium husks?!?!? – Garden of Life RAW Organic Fiber
Garden of Life RAW Organic Fiber is a highly rated dietary fiber powder, and unlike many of its competitors, is not made from psyllium husk powder.
So if it is not made from psyllium, what is this dietary fiber made of anyway?
This is an interesting dietary fiber supplement in that it is not made from psyllium like some of the big players like Organic India and Metamucil. Instead, the ingredients include things such as flax seed, quinoa sprouts, amaranth sprouts, coconut fiber, millet sprout buckwheat sprout, garbanzo bean sprout, lentil sprouts, adzuki bean sprouts, sunflower seed sprouts, pumpkin seed sprout. sesame seed sprouts and the like. With all of those delicious healthy ingredients, we are quite surprised that the biggest negative from users of Garden of Life RAW Organic Fiber is the taste. One would imagine that some type of coconut flavoring would be ideal here. But unfortunately, this is not the case. The manufacturer even includes the small footnote that this product includes RAW organic stevia leaf. You might recognize the name stevia as the natural artificial sweetener that was all the craze a few years ago. Hopefully, if enough users of the product speak up, the manufacturer will sit up and listen and work on the taste. Or maybe that is the appeal. It is all natural. It is organic. It is a dietary fiber supplement that doesn’t include psyllium. Maybe that is exactly what you are looking for. In that case, this is exactly what you need to get.
- 0 – The number artificial sweeteners in Garden of Life RAW Organic Fiber.
- 30 – The approximate number of servings in from the 1.77 pound (800 gram) of dietary fiber.
- 2 – The number of sizes Garden of Life RAW Organic Fiber can be purchased in.
- 120 – the number of calories in this product. (30 from fat)
What the manufacturer says about Garden of Life RAW Organic Fiber:
RAW Fiber is an excellent source of fiber, although they also claim that the product contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids from chia and flax seed also found in the product.
Garden of Life claims that the combination of fiber supplements in RAW Fiber is less harsh on the colon and digestive health and process than psyllium powder in comparative products.
RAW Fiber claims to support bowel regularity and eliminate toxins.
What people are saying about Garden of Life RAW organic dietary fiber*:
- I would recommend any GOL product to anyone who wants real, whole food nutrition, as it is a brand you can trust for everyday use.
- I’m not crazy about the texture in juice or water. I tolerate it, but it’s getting better each time I use it
- Great product, take a couple of times per day. Mixes well with juice or in a smoothie
- I used this product to add fiber to my protein shakes, it was like drinking bark. Too thick and chunky for my tastes.
* These reviews are not from Amazon but rather from different sources on the open web. Amazon user reviews are best read at the source and reviews for this product can be accessed from Amazon.com through this product link for Garden of Life RAW Organic Fiber
Choices, choices, options and diversity. We all want choices when we purchase a product and this is another one that gives us an option in the dietary fiber space. It gives you the choice to choose between a psyllium husk based dietary fiber supplement and an organic one made from all kinds of healthy ingredients that you will (mostly) recognize. Reviews are generally favorable so I would urge you to give Garden of Life RAW Organic Fiber a try if you have not found what you are looking for in other dietary fibers.