Amazon’s best selling psyllium husk powder: Now Foods Psyllium Husk Powder
Now Foods Psyllium Husk Powder is the number one best-selling psyllium nutritional supplement on Amazon.
So what makes this fiber supplement so special?
This dietary fiber supplement is nothing but psyllium husk powder. No seriously. It is the purest form of the product in the sense that nothing has been added. Unlike competitors such as Metamucil, there are no flavorings, colorants or artificial additives. It does mean that you can normally use a bit less of it since you do not have to account for the added sugar found in other products. For those willing to deal with the taste of this fiber supplement being a little less masked this will be a big plus on the road to “clean living”.
Does the psyllium husk powder have any other uses?
The fact that Now Foods Psyllium Husk Powder is completely natural, means that it is also often used as a binding agent by bakers preparing gluten free breads and products. Some gluten free bakers notice that their bread comes out bluish or with a purple sheen when they use Now Foods Psyllium Husk Powder, but this is known as a common occurrence without any significant change to health and taste.
- 100- The percentage that Now Foods Psyllium Husk Powder is certified organic by Quality Assurance International
- 74 – The number of doses in a 24-ounce canister of this digestive fiber.
- 3 – The number of sizes Now Foods Psyllium Husk Powder can be purchased in. (12oz, 24oz, 12lb)
- 12 – The number of ounces of water or juice to add a dosage of this dietary fiber to.
What the manufacturer says:
Soy-Free, Nut-Free, Organic, Non-GMO
Sugar-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Corn-Free
Made without Gluten
With all those labels this psyllium husk powder must be the worst cheat day snack I’ve ever heard of. Now these claims might all just sound like corporate speak, but the benefits of dietary fiber seem to resonate from every corner. Clearly, if you have any type of allergy to… well pretty much anything… you should give Now Foods Psyllium Husk Dietary Fiber powder a try. Especially with a description from the husk powder manufacturer claiming “support healthy gastrointestinal transit time”. That just made me laugh out loud and just for that I think I’ll order a bag.
What people are saying about Now Foods Psyllium Husk Powder dietary fiber*:
- I actually prefer Psyllium whole husk over powder.
- Simply add it in the blender with your morning protein shake and it mixes VERY easily!
- I ended up throwing it out couldn’t stand the taste. I can get a generic Metamucil that has an orange taste
- Highly effective, utilized as part of a detox which was very effective. This stuff is gross, so beware. Added to apple juice and shook up.
* These reviews are not from Amazon but rather from different sources on the open web. Amazon user reviews are best read at the source and reviews for this product can be accessed from Amazon.com through this product link for Now Foods Psyllium Husk Powder.
Now Foods Psyllium Husk Powder is one of the top sellers in the dietary fiber supplement arena and, if we can trust that people are voting with their wallets, this has to be a big contender when it comes to dietary fiber leaders. Naturally, it might be different when compared to tablet forms of other products found online, but let’s for this moment compare apples to apples (or psyllium husk to psyllium husk as may be more appropriate in this scenario.)